We are briefed exclusively to work with a leading membership body who are looking to hire a Public Affairs Officer for their London office. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and build on your previous experience with a leading organisation representing and working with senior figures in the industry. You will be supporting the Executive Director and Head of External Affairs on their engagement and policy agenda.
- Deliver the organisation's Parliamentary events programme
- Monitor relevant political intelligence and its impact on the industry, whilst delivering regular updates and communications to their members on this intelligence and their Public Affairs activity
- Deliver a daily Government Affairs Report to members
- Support the development of action plans and strategies for advocacy on key issues
- Developing policy briefings, position papers and publications alongside the policy team, including for Parliamentary debates
- Drive the organisation's Parliamentary and Whitehall stakeholder programme, setting up meetings, preparing briefings and conducting desk research
- Previous track record in policy development and/or public affairs is essential
- Relevant knowledge and track record of working with stakeholders in UK Government and Westminster
- You may have a track record in consultancy or another membership body
- Knowledge of at least one relevant policy area e.g health, science, business, energy, financial services, etc.
- Proactive and positive approach to work and ability to work in a diverse team across multiple divisions
- Educated to degree level
Apply for this role
Email Amandeep Gill (email@example.com) with your latest CV if you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity.